Right; The animation wasn't great to be fair but the idea was unique, the first 43 I saw it since Obama won. The .gif you claim to have not copied contained basicly identical attacks/abilities to this, plus a few more. You personaly may not have copied it bit all your ideas you got from other people were. That or you did and you think claiming you didn't and other people did makes it all better. Text got beyand annoying and if you had come up with your own ideas it would avoid the whole "people voting you 0 and making you cry" thing.
Nice concept, well done animators.
The concept was good and it all fitted together, while the 'thoughts' didn't seam tormenting at all the whole idea aded a nice base to it.
I felt it ruined about half way through when some twit used coloufull trails. This is a small point but it stood out when I was watching this.
The animation ranged from well done in your case to very poor in one or two of the parts. These people probably know who they are.
I loved the abstract drawings but again a few people felt they need to go sticks with weapons/fighting again. Tawniks was an exception as while it conatained his version of sticks it was still illogical.
Overall I was impressed but if this had been open for a few more weeks or more of the people like you had submitted parts it would have been far better. I'm removing the 2/10 for the poorer animations and the odd twisting of the theme (the colour) which shouldn't have been allowed.
the only color in the entire animation was at the end, which was a part of the plot.
This is about the only Mac vs PC animation that actully makes the point that they are both computers, you made it entertaining without being biast to either type aswell. The lipsyncing was well done but you may want to try re-drawing the frames or atleast some, while smooth, the moviement made up of moving symbols/tweens is kinda poor. The blur on the penguin was pointless and ruined the scene with the penguin talking tbh.
The odd bug here and there but nothin' much.
First of all I want to say well done to the creator of that physics engine.
Now onto the review crap;
Overall is was fairly well done, nice clean graphics, I found there to be minimal lag so everyone complaining about there being loads needs to consider a new computer or downloading it and an original theme.
- Levels are challenging enough to pose the need to think but none are impossible.
- Linked to my other point, no level look the number of attempts into double figures and I only found lvl 60 someone frustrating.
- Engine runs very clean and I only noticed it missing a collision once.
- Choice of controls were available.
- Held a re-playable value since most levels can be done more than one way/slightly differently.
- Pills added a new level of challenge to the game and added variety.
- As said, acid missed a collision once which lead to me completing the lvel a little easier.
- The blood, pill pick-up effect and the partical effects in general didn't fit with the rest of the graphics so much.
- Some levels took a long time to do and failing near the end can lead to alot of wasted time.
- Black puke was picky about where I was allowed to jump on it, some places wouldn't allow me to jump when standing there, even when the area above was clear.
- Damn that jump noise gets annoying.
To summarize, the only bad points I can pick out are slight bugs that are caused by the huge physics strain, some things will get through. I haven't finished it yet, I have 3 or 4 Bonus levels left and haven't mucked about with the level editor yet.
I got off a star for the non-fitting graphics and the bugs that slipped through here and there.
Very nice. Retro-y and the only 7 minute song i've heard in a while i sat through, more than once. Would go great with alot of games i've played, or even as the main soundtrack in a ewn game, minus the random shouting, which works when its on its own like this.
Thanks man, glad to hear it.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.